Since TCPS is a private school that does not receive any federal or state funds, tuition received is used solely to pay our teachers’ salaries and operating costs. As a result, we rely heavily upon additional gifts to enhance our educational program for our students. If you would like to make a tax deductible donation to support the students of TCPS, please contact our Director of Development, Christy Edens, at (662) 844-8604
Soar Like Eagles Annual Fund
Giving to the Soar Like Eagles Annual Fund campaign allows us to fulfill our vision and mission. To keep our tuition costs as low as possible, we do not build in extra funds that allow us to dramatically grow programs and improve facilities. Unlike many private schools, TCPS operating expenses are covered completely by tuition and fees. This is why the Soar Like Eagles Annual Fund is critical to our growth and success as a school.
- Cash entitles you to a charitable deduction against your income in the year in which you make a donation.
- Electronic funds transfer—click here for form.
- Long-term appreciated securities enable you to avoid potential capital gain taxes and receive a charitable income tax deduction.
- Planned gifts through our Planned Giving Department include charitable gift annuities, trusts, gifts of life insurance, and bequests. These gifts entitle you to become a member of TCPS’s Legacy Partners.
- Matching gifts will allow you to double or triple your gift to TCPS. To consider this possibility, you may contact the Human Resources Department of your employer or contact us.
- Memorial gifts are made in someone’s name as a personal tribute. The honoree or their family will be notified of that gift and the gift will be recognized online. These gifts may be unrestricted or restricted in consultation with the Advancement Office.
- Endowed scholarships enable you to create an ongoing investment in the School. They also introduce a more personal element, as they can carry a family name or can be named in honor or memory of a beloved faculty member, and they benefit specific students. For more information please contact us.
What is an Endowment Fund?
An Endowment Fund is a fund established in perpetuity, with a portion of the income from the fund used each year to support a designated purpose. An Endowment Fund provides a lasting legacy of a donor’s generosity and reflects the donor’s intentions and wishes. A donor can be assured that the organization will honor his/her original intent when the income is disbursed each year. Gifts of $25,000 or more may be designated to start an endowment fund.
What Types of Endowment Funds Can Be Established?
Tupelo Christian Preparatory School is seeking donors interested in setting up endowment funds to support several areas of need:
- Tuition Assistance – Many families desire to provide their children with a Christian school education, but find that goal difficult to achieve due to the cost of tuition. An endowment fund for tuition assistance will give us the ability to help make a Christian education accessible and affordable to families in need.
- Retiring the Mortgage – One of our primary financial goals is to retire our mortgage. We seek to be a debt-free school and to have the necessary funds to grow our programs. Retiring the mortgage will provide several thousand dollars per year for student programs.
- Athletics – Some 80 percent of TCPS boys and girls in grades 7-12 compete in interscholastic competition in over 13 sports. An intramural program teaches basic skills to students in grades 1-6. An endowment fund to support our athletic programs would help offset such costs as bus transportation for athletes to games, tournament travel and fees, purchasing new uniforms and athletic equipment, and paying for referees.
- Fine Arts – Art, choral and intrustumental music, and drama classes are offered to students in elementary through high school. An endowment fund for fine arts will support and expand opportunities for our students to discover their God-given talents.
- Technology – Equipping classrooms and teachers with up-to-date technology is an essential part of an education in the 21st century. An endowment fund for technology will ensure that our students are well-trained in the use of technology as a vehicle to improve learning and to prepare them for college and the workforce.
For more information or to discuss donating to or creating an Endowment Fund, please contact:
Director of Major Gifts and Fund Development